Coming back to life... for now

Thursday

Hi everyone! Long time no blog! Well, here anyway. I've been blogging over at my new home, The Green Room, and although it's been hard going fitting in blogging lately, I've been really enjoying it - it's great having a focus and a mission - I'm only trying to save the world, no biggie ;)

Anywho, I'm reviving You May Say I'm a Dreamer until the end of November because I've decided (against my own and probably everyone else's better judgement) that I'm going to do National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) again! For those of you who don't know already, I'm getting married on December 7th, so the month before is probably not the best time to write a novel. But screw it, I'm gonna try anyway. I don't have as much faith in winning as I did last year, but I'm hoping to make some headway the one of five novels I've started.

Last year I wrote 50,000 words worth of foodie goodness - a little country tale revolving around food told from the perspective of a jar of jam sitting high on a shelf in a charming cafe. This year, I'm exploring reincarnation with a story about a boy who lived twice. I came across a story on You Tube about a little boy who had all of these crazy details about a previous life in his head - a mum, a dad, a house by the sea, even how he died. He truly believed he had lived another life and when he died he saw a light at the end of a tunnel and ended up were he is today. The family, for the sake of the documentary, actually researched his claims and took him to the house he believed he used to live in and the look on his face - that of a grown man who has realised that everything and everyone he had known and loved was gone forever, not an innocent five year old boy - is burned into my brain. I can't forget it. So I'm using this story as a starting point for my own story about a boy who lived before.

So why am I doing this when I have a month until my wedding (when it starts)? Simply put, because I procrastinate a lot and let ideas fester in my head and it's a lot easier to get on with it when there are thousands of other people in the world doing the same thing and going through the same web of emotions with you. It's also cool to see that word count rise every day... or every few days.

I decided to blog about it here because I kind of miss blogging about random things. Plus, it holds me accountable.

So hello old readers and welcome new readers! Lovely to have you here. :)

Round two! Let's go!
 

Popular Posts