Time for reflection

Sunday

Hello friends,

You've probably noticed I have not blogged for a good couple of weeks.

Life is changing at a rapid pace for me right now. This year is flying by and by the end of it, I'll be married and starting a new and exciting life. My priorities, my passions, my view of the world, have all started changing and I have started eliminating things from my life that I'm not passionate about any more. Unfortunately, You May Say I'm a Dreamer is becoming one of those things. But it feels positive, so I'm going with my gut, following my instincts, hoping it will take me somewhere new and exciting.

Sometimes when I log in to blog, I ask myself a few questions: "Why do I do this?" Who is reading this?" "What am I teaching people?" And lately I haven't been able to answer those questions. I want to offer something to the world through blogging and writing, and although the principals of You May Say I'm a Dreamer have done that to a point, I feel like I need to rein it in, to focus on something specific so I can do it well.

I remember being told in Journalism school that to become a freelance writer, you have to "become an expert on something". Whether this sentiment will lead me into freelance writing or something else, I'm not sure. I feel like I have a lot of bits and pieces to offer the world and I need to bring them together to create something wonderful that I can be an expert on. Who knows what it's going to be - I sure don't - but it's exciting all the same.

So what I'm trying to say is that I'm taking a break from blogging for awhile so I can figure out my next step. I have a feeling it's going to be something big, something significant, but it's hiding from me. I know it's there, but it hasn't shown its face yet. So I think by simplifying my life as much as I can, I can make room for my new direction to show itself.

When I do figure this thing out, I will let you know on here, but for now I'm going to say goodbye and thanks for reading.

Sarah xo


 

Popular Posts