Downsizing

Sunday

I said from the very beginning that I wasn't expecting to finish NaNoWriMo this year, so it probably comes as no surprise to you all that I've decided  to downsize my expectations. While I don't want to give up completely because there is still a story in my head to be written, I know there's no way I can get to 50,000 words by the end of the month. There's the time thing, but there's also the mental energy that writing a novel requires that I just don't have at the moment. There has been a crazy amount of stuff going on in my life lately that has used up most of my mental energy to the point that, last week I spent most of the week with my brain partially switched off and just trucked along doing the bare minimum. I think that was my brain's way of saying, "ENOUGH! I can't think anymore, I'm out."

So I'm not giving up! But I'm only at about 3,000 words and I should be at nearly 20,000 by now, so I'm downsizing my goal to 10,000 words by the end of the month. It's not ideal, as there's a great story to be told, but it's something, and the rest of the story is going to have to wait until life slows down and my brain wakes up.

I'll still be doing updates though, so don't go anywhere! :)
 

Popular Posts